Question

New Row Google Sheet and create "new folder with SubFolders and Template Sheets"

• 17 March 2021
  • 5 replies

When I have a New Row in my Google Sheet it’s create a New folder. 

But can I also Create a “template Folder” with standard Subfolders and Documents?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Nroodenburg - Are you looking to create a folder on a Personal Drive or a Team Drive? This would help me understand better what you’re attempting to do. Thanks!

It’s on a Teamdrive

Userlevel 1

hey @Nroodenburg  You could try: 

-So I'm guessing your trigger would be, if a new row is added in the ghsheet. 

-Then it makes a folder. 

-Add a step under that, which is to create your sub folder/s. The path won't be /root anymore. It'll be /root/theNewFolderName. 

-Add in the  sharing preferences step (if needed) 

-There should be a step that will copy the document/s you want from one folder to the new ones just made. 

Let me know if you need any further help. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Nroodenburg ,

Were you able to get this workflow figured out okay? 

Userlevel 1

Hi -

I am trying to do something similar here. Creating the root folder works fine, but I can’t get it to create a sub-folder.

So for example if I add a GSheet row called “Test”, the it will create a folder named “Test” (correct!)

But if I add a row called “Test/sub-test” then it actually creates a new folder called (literally) “Test/sub-test”, rather than creating a sub-folder called “sub-test” in the folder “Test”.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?