Question

New or Updated Contact in Google Contacts APP

• 28 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi

I have decided to start using Zapier to create new contact cards in Crmble (Trello) every time adding a NEW contact

The thing is that having over 1500 contact updating daily is creating new cards and I just need new contacts, not any modify contacts from google 

Would it be possible to modify the ZAP so I can just trigger a task when a NEW contact only is created ?

Thanks to the community for addressing my struggle, best

Before: new or updates
After: (just) new <== possible ?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Brukena 

It’s not natively possible as there’s no “New Contact” trigger available. You can however add a filter that looks at the contact “Created Date” value and if it is Today/Current Day then only it will pass. You need to test this solution. That way it will not consume tasks for modified contact.

@robschmidt much appreciated for your feedback

Allow me to share updates of what progress I have made so far 

1. @robschmidt suggestion by date

I do not know how to test this solution since:
Google does not easily disclosed “created date” tag and
It’s not straightforward to compare that to Today/Current day timestamps

2. Suggested by Zapier team

For new contacts, I add a pre-determined date i.e. 01/01/2000
Only allow to take action if date exactly matches

When it comes to update contact step to remove/alter value. It did no work

This solution does not solve the problem but at least temporarly avoids large number of updates triggers

Bottom line

I would love to pick the brain of community experts to find a better solution, thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Brukena,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I looked at the screenshot of your workflow, and it seems like you’re on the right track here. Does your Zap work as intended after you implemented the workaround?

Please keep us posted. Thanks! 😊

Hey there @Brukena,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I looked at the screenshot of your workflow, and it seems like you’re on the right track here. Does your Zap work as intended after you implemented the workaround?

Please keep us posted. Thanks! 😊

I have tested two possible solutions

1. By @robschmidt but do not know how to start
2. Worlaround worked but too manual for the short term. Looking for help as well

Details above and would love more comments/reactions/suggestions
Thx

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Brukena 

It seems like there’s a missing step that was suggested by our help docs. Based on the screenshot you sent here, the Update Contact step is missing.

You can try this Zap setup:

47314ec16ec8312c2b1e6bc87da96f46.png

Please give this a shot and let us know how it goes!