Best answer

New meeting note in Hubspot publishes a new page to Confluence (or the other way round)

Hi,

I’m trying to set up a zap between two apps - Hubspot and Confluence.

What I want to achieve is that

When I post a meeting note under a Company in Hubspot, a new page/blog post is automatically published to corresponding Company page in Confluence.

OR (even better)

When I post a new page in Confluence, the contents of that page get transferred to a corresponding Company in Hubspot and the action items from that page are automatically added to my ‘To-do list’ for that Company.

Is it possible to do it?

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 28 July 2022, 15:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @justip 

It does sound like your ideal flow is doable but you may have to set up multiple zaps (1 for each company).

I am making the assumption that there is a 1:1 relationship between a space in confluence and a company in Hubspot. 
Here is a flow to get you started:

Trigger: New Page or Blog Post in Confluence Server

Action: Create Engagement in Hubspot

Hi GetUWired,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I assume it will not be as easy if there’s no 1:1 correspondence between confluence space and a company in Hubspot?

If not, I will need to explore the Hubspot to Confluence integration instead.

Thanks,
justip

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@justip 

Hard to say without seeing the data that comes back from the trigger step. If it isn’t 1:1 then hopefully you get something back that can tie you to the company. If so, you can implement a lookup table using Zapier’s formatter action to translate the company information to the Hubspot company id which can then be passed dynamically into the create engagements step. 

@GetUWired This sounds great, I’ll try and see if that could work. Thanks for all your help!