Best answer

New Magento Orders to Google Sheet

• 13 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, I have a Zap which triggers every time there's a new order on Magento and then creates a new row on Google Sheets. While this is better than nothing, this is not the desired outcome.

The desired outcome would be that a new row on Google Sheets is created only if the status of the new order is "Paid". The problem is that when a new order is created the status is initially "Processing" and that's the status which Magento sends to Zapier. And later on, as the status of the order is updated to e.g. "Paid" or "Cancelled", the updated status won't be sent from Magento to Zapier since it's not a new order anymore.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

icon

Best answer by MageComp 30 April 2020, 15:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @miika_4390

You're bet option would be to use a plugin like this: https://www.mageplaza.com/magento-2-webhook/

You should be able to set it up so that when order status is updated it fires a webhook.

You can then create a zap that triggers on a caught webhook and creates the row.

Userlevel 2

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu,

thank you for your answer. My apologies, I forgot to mention that we're still on Magento 1. The plugin you suggested works with Magento 2.

We're moving away from Magento 1 during next June. Until that, do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Are there any options for setting up webhooks in Magento 1?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@miika_4390 just wanted to follow up here to see if you had the ability to set up webhooks in Magento 1. Let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@miika_4390 Just checking in once more to see if you were able to find a webhook workaround to trigger off of “Paid” order updates in Magento 1. 

Let us know!

Userlevel 1

if you follow this plugin, it will help to allows store owners to create unlimited order statuses to ease order processing and inform customers for status change. 

for more detail check  this: https://magecomp.com/magento-2-order-status.html