Skip to main content

Why do I see a "New filename" field option when using the "new file in folder" (google) trigger to the action "create spreadsheet row in google sheet" but not when using the trigger "new file" google?

For some reason that “new filename” option does not show up with that combination, only the file field option which is usually blank.

Hi @dnun 

For us to have full context please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with the DATA OUT that you are referencing, thanks.

These are the steps that I used for the “New File in Folder” trigger where the “Original Filename” field in the action was available. This Zap works fine but has to be applied at every folder level.

This is example where when using the “New File in Google Drive” trigger where the “Original Filename” field in the action is not available. I want to use this trigger because you can apply it at the drive level instead of the folder level.

The “Original Filename” option is not available in this dropdown to use.

“File” is available but when used it comes up as a blank field.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide. :)

David.

@dnun 

The Title variable would be the file name.

Excellent! Works great and thanks for your prompt help!

That’s awesome @dnun! A big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗