Question

New file in Google Drive - multpile information in Google spreadsheet

• 22 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,
as a new user, I may not understand fully the way zapier works, so please correct me.

I would like to automaticaly update googlesheet with information about new files in specific folders in Google Drive.

I have created Zap, which do that but i have two major questions.

1. I “Create Spreadsheet Row”, but all infomation appears in one cell
    How to separate these information. For example Column A: Title;  Column B: Link; Column C: Creation date etc.
  1. Can I (and How) use one Worksheet to store information about files from different folders. For example. List of files in Subfolder TEST1 in Columns A to E, Subfolder TEST2 in Columns F to I?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rgornik79 

Good question.

For us to have enough context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

For question 2, you’ll need separate Zaps configured per GDrive Folder you want to monitor:

Thank you,

regarding question one, this is my Zap, and output file. I would like to have few different information in this new row,but in separate columns. So one column will contain File Name, and second for example Link.

Regarding question number 2.
Still how to make Zapier to put information in specified place in googlesheet. For example, specified cell or start adding rows starting from specified row number

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rgornik79 

Make sure to review the available help articles for using GSheets in Zaps, especially this article for how your GSheet needs to be configured to work: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495978765965

Thank You very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @rgornik79! I wanted to swing by and see how you were doing with this? We’d love to know how you’re getting along! 🤗