Best answer

New email in specific folder trigger - Office 365

• 1 April 2021
  • 6 replies

In had a Zap that used to Trigger when a specific email was moved in to a folder in my Office 365 Email account. Since the Office 365 API update, I don’t seem to be able to fix it and can’t find out how to set the trigger correctly.

Essentially when an email was received with certain conditions in my inbox, it would be moved to a specific folder in Outlook. This would then trigger the Zap to send an email.

I would really appreciate spam advice on this.

Thanks

James

icon

Best answer by SamB 5 February 2024, 17:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JamesHD 

Try adding a Filter as step 2 to your Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for the tip. I will give this a try. It doesn’t quite build the Zap they way it used to be but I guess as long as it works. It should ultimately achieve the same result. One of the reasons I like the old method was that I could run the filtering rule in my Inbox which meant that I could control the emails that got sent by ensuring that they ended up in the Folder Zap was monitoring or not. 

Thanks again

James

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@JamesHD 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu It looks like the option to select a specific folder was removed in the new O365 app. Will this be added any time soon?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as spotted that there’s an existing feature request to get the ability to select a folder added to the Microsoft Office 365 integration again. I’ve added @JamesHD and @ccomer’s votes for that to be added. I don’t have an ETA on when it will be possible to select folders but we’ll be sure to notify you by email as soon as it is.

For anyone that comes across this closed thread and would like to add their vote to the feature request too, please contact our Support team via the Get Help form.

In the meantime adding a Filter step, as Troy suggested, to the Zap should ensure it only runs for emails added into specific folders. More on how to add Filters here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks, 

I have good news - a new has New Message in Folder trigger been added which can trigger on new emails that are added into a specific folder! 😁🎉

If you do give that new trigger a try and run into any issues please let us know in the Community or get in touch with our Support team and we’ll be happy to help. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡