Best answer

New Coschedule SM Message creates QBO Time Activity; Truncate the Text of the Message field?

• 10 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello again, Zapier!

I’ve successfully created a zap that creates a Time Activity in Quickbooks Online whenever I create a new SM message for a specific client in Coschedule.

The only issue is that the Time Activity description is pulling the full content of the post using Coschedule’s  Text of the Message field.

Is there a different field, or can I truncate this field in my zap?

Thanks so much in advance!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 10 October 2020, 22:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Formatter: Text > Truncate

Userlevel 1

Formatter: Text > Truncate

You are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

THANK YOU, I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Userlevel 1

Ok, I need one more tweak this.

Currently, my CoSchedule account has one “Social Media Marketing Calendar,” and that’s where I have my own SM channels and blog, as well as much client’s various SM channels and blogs. 

When I set up this Zap, it was working great -- until I realized it was creating a quickbooks time activity for each and every message created in CoSchedule (for any client, and any platform). 

In this case, I just want to target any SM message created in CoSchedule for client A.

I’ve looked at inserting steps/filters but can’t figure out how to target that specifically.

Thanks so much in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes you’d need to add a Filter step and determine the data point that can be used in the filter logic criteria.

Would need to see the available data points from the trigger to evaluate and advise.

Userlevel 1

Yes you’d need to add a Filter step and determine the data point that can be used in the filter logic criteria.

Would need to see the available data points from the trigger to evaluate and advise.

Thanks Troy. That’s what I thought but couldn’t pinpoint the data point. Here’s what I get when I try to filter: