Skip to main content
Question

Need to create a lookup table that outputs an email with conditional logic based on conditions in table

• 24 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to route prospects to the appropriate salesperson (of which there are hundreds) based on their region and industry, but we’re a global company, so there’s a lot of regions, industries, and topics that it could match, so I want to be able to do this at scale, rather than creating 200 separate Zaps.

What I’m trying to do:

1. Take Pardot prospects submitted from our website. 
  2. Match up that prospect with the content in multiple fields on my Zapier table. 
  3. Send an email to the appropriate person referenced in the Zapier table, which is located in the same row as the conditional logic that has matched.

Right now, I can do this for a single salesperson by doing:

1. Prospect is submitted
  2. Use filter logic to identify whether all the conditions are met for said prospect. (ex. are they in North America, are they interested in parts) within a Zapier table
  3. Send an outbound Zapier email to a specific person that is not referenced from the Zapier table.

Surely, there’s a way to say if Industry = construction and region = North America then send to abc@company.com (which is in the same row as the construction/parts columns) or industry = mining, and region = North America then send email to cdf@company.com. I’m not trying to contact the prospects themselves, just make sure the appropriate salesperson receives the prospect in their email so they can follow up themselves.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @alphyn 

Zap action: Zapier Tables - Find Record

You can have up to 5 filter conditions.

Each filter condition has 3 related fields:

• Lookup Field
  • Operator
  • Lookup Value

@Troy Tessalone  Yes, I know I can have multiple filter conditions, and that’s how I have it set up for a single Zap. But I have 200 different salespeople, and I don’t want to create 200 different Zaps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@alphyn

You can map dynamic variables from Pardot Zap step to the Lookup Value field inputs.

That way each time the Zap Runs the value Lookup Value changes dynamically.

Help article for configuring your Zap action steps with dynamic values using the ‘CUSTOM’ tab:

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Example of a mapped variable (Record ID) from step 1.