Best answer

Need help writing zap to automate transfer of Classy transaction data into Bloomerang

• 19 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We recently subscribed to Classy donor management software because they announced they now have a Zapier integration. We also use Bloomerang customer relationship management software. We have been trying to write a zap that will allow us to automate the transfer of Classy transactions to Bloomerang. We’re unable to access Classy fields to map to Bloomerang fields even though the Classy connection appears to be working. Classy support won’t help us write the zap and Zapier doesn’t offer customer support, so we’re at a standstill. Does anyone have a sample Classy->Bloomerang zap they could share with us?

icon

Best answer by SamB 21 March 2024, 14:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AMYKO 

To help us have full context, please post screenshots with how your Zap step are outlined and configured.

Help about how to configure Zap actions: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Userlevel 1

Thank you, @Troy Tessalone!

Our only guidance is a year-old video that suggests we create this zap:

Our attempt is below. We tried to create the filter “not offline + amount >$0” but were unable to find those fields.

Are these screenshots helpful?

Thanks, again!

Amy

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AMYKO 

Try adding a Filter as Step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Right. We tried to create the filter “not offline + amount >$0” but couldn’t find those fields, unforutnately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AMYKO 

Did you specify the related data to include?

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap trigger step is configured along with the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger to have full context.

Userlevel 1

Thank you, @Troy Tessalone . I rewrote the zap:

Even though it appears I’m connected to Classy, no actual data appears when I trigger this.

My only guidance is a youtube video, which I followed to the T. (I can find no other documentation explaining how to do this very useful thing (there are other Classy/Bloomerang users!) I think the issue is with the choices in the drop down menu for the trigger. None of these make sense to me:

The video says to choose Offline Payment Information, but that yields no results/data/transactions.

Are these screenshots helpful?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @AMYKO,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Classy’s “New Transaction” trigger isn’t returning the sample data is a bug. I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report.

Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with Classy on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @ken.a 

This is a huge bummer! I can’t tell you how many hours we’ve spent trying to get this Zap to work.

I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue

I’m curious why Zapier didn’t post it on the community page along with the other alerts/bug notices? There could be many others struggling in vain to make this work unaware that there’s a known bug.

This fall we purchased Cla$$y because they told us Zapier had an integration. I’m disappointed to learn that it’s inoperative. But I’m grateful to you for letting me know why our Zap didn’t work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AMYKO,

I understand your disappointments and frustrations.

We have a few workaround by using webhooks or custom pill mapping.

You can read more of those here:

• Using Webhooks: 
  • Custom pill mapping method:

​Just to be upfront, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected.

Hopefully, this points you in the right direction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

Reaching out here to share that the bug report has now been closed - the developers of the Classy app have recently released an update which fixes this issue. 😁🎉 That said, if you’re still having trouble with the fields being returned from the New Transaction trigger please do reach out in the Community or get in touch with Support

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡