Question

Need Help With Unbounce + Calendly + Trello Zap

• 28 January 2021
  • 4 replies

We are an online tutoring company promoting a free 1 hour tutoring session with a licensed teacher. I am trying to create a zap that can accomplish the following:

1. Unbounce - user opts in and submits form.

In the landing page, we get the following info using a multi-step opt-in form: parent first name, parent last name, parent email, parent phone, student name, grade level and subject.

2. Calendly - user schedules a session

In Calendly, it's mandatory that we get a name & email, but the most important info is the date & time the lead scheduled for their free session.

3. Trello - creates card with lead info and scheduled session in our "leads" board

I would like Zapier to automatically create a card and merge the info from Unbounce and Calendly. The card would look like this:

Card Name: Parent First Name + Last Name + Student Name

Details (When you click the trello card, this is what you see in the description area):

Name: Parent First Name + Parent Last Name

Email: Parent Email

Phone: Parent Phone

Student Name: Student Name

Grade Level: Student Grade Level

Subject: Subject

Date & Time: Date & Time the lead scheduled their free session

I can't seem to add unbounce and calendly in the same zap. I temporarily created separate zaps but it became extremely confusing because now, I have multiple cards & lead duplicates within Trello (I use this for lead management).

How can I implement this zap? Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @PJZ,

When someone completes the Unbouce form, do they pick the date and time for the free session? Or do they complete the Unbounce form as well as the Calendy form?

As a temporary solution for your current situation, you could keep both zaps on, adding a step that looks up for the card in Trello before creating it. If it does not find the card, the zap will continue. If the card is already there, the zap won’t continue. To find the card, you can use a unique name per card, like the contact’s email address. Then, you use the “find card” action, and select “Should This Step Be Considered A "success" When Nothing Is Found?” as True.

@blungo , sorry wasn’t able to specify that in my post. When a user opts into my Unbounce landing page, they get redirected to a calendy scheduling page. Unbounce gets all the personal info while Calendly handles the scheduling.

I have 2 zaps currently: 1 for Unbounce & 1 for Calendly. Both zaps create a card in Trello making it confusing because now I have duplicates. I tried creating a find card or update card in Zap for Trello but I can’t move forward. I can’t find a card or update it with Calendly because the card info is made using the info from Unbounce.

Would love to implement everything I mentioned and update 1 card only to avoid confusion.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @PJZ,

Based on what you described I can see that the Unbouce form get’s always completed, and if the user opts in, the second part of the information gets added (Calendly).

I don’t have experience with either apps, but I can suggest that you combine the information in a spreadsheet, and then create a new card in Trello from a new row in the spreadsheet.

Zap 1: New Unbounce entry » Create a new row in a spreadsheet

Zap 2: New Calendly entry » Lookup Spreadsheet Row » Update Spreadsheet Row

Use the email address as the Lookup value, so you make sure it is unique.

Zap 3: New Spreadsheet Row » Delay for » Create Card in Trello

You can add a delay so you make sure the customer/parent has time to complete the Calendly form and Zapier has time to update the spreasheet before creating the card. Not sure how much time someone would need to complete the Calendly form, but the delay could be 5 or 10 minutes.

You can also add a 3rd step to Zap 1 to notify you via email when someone completes the Unbounce form, so you know that in a few minutes the trello card should be there.

Hi, @blungo. First off, sorry for just replying now. We had to stop our marketing for a while to catch up and revamp certain aspects of the business.

Thank you very much for your detailed response. It is much appreciated. I tried what you mentioned and I got stuck at Zap 2. 

This is how I structured it:

Step 1 - Invitee created in Calendly (New Entry) - Successful Test

Step 2 - Lookup spreadsheet row - I set lookup value to email - Successful Test 

Step 3 - Update spreadsheet row - In the row field, I entered email and scrolled to the bottom where I added a column in the sheet called “Session Date”. I entered the session date based from the data from Calendly. 

When I try to test I get this error “The spreadsheet row could not be sent to Google Sheets. There was an error writing to your Google sheet.” Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks in advance.