Question

Need Help with Triggering Mailchimp Email Sequence for Specific Stripe Product Purchase Using Zapier

• 16 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello Zapier Community,

I'm currently working on integrating Stripe with Mailchimp via Zapier. My goal is to trigger a specific Mailchimp email sequence whenever a customer purchases a particular product on Stripe. I've been trying to set this up using Zapier, specifically looking into using filters to target the specific product, but I'm finding it a bit confusing.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. I've set up the basic Zap with Stripe as the trigger ("New Event") and Mailchimp as the action ("Add/Update Subscriber").
  2. I'm attempting to use Zapier's filter feature to identify the specific product purchase in Stripe.

However, I'm stuck at this point. The filter options and how to correctly identify the specific product purchase in Stripe aren't clear to me.

Could anyone provide some guidance or advice on how to:

• Properly set up the filter in Zapier to identify a specific product purchase in Stripe?
  • Ensure that once this product is purchased, it triggers the designated email sequence in Mailchimp?

Any insights, advice, or step-by-step guidance would be incredibly helpful. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dollar Beat Club 

Good question.

Try this Zap trigger: Stripe - Checkout Session Completed

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Dollar Beat Club 

You need to find the ID of the product in Stripe usually top right side of the product catalogue page mine are prefixed with prod_

Like Troy said you can see it if you use the Checkout Session Completed trigger then the id is listed as Product. You can paste the product id into the search bar to see if it’s in the payload. 

I hope that helps. 

@Badger Thanks for your response. So on the filter section, where would I put the Product ID? Does it go in the “Enter Text or Insert Data” field? What do I put in the “Only continue if” field and the “Choose condition” field?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Dollar Beat Club 

Grab the filter and add it after the Stripe “Checkout Session Completed”.

In the filter you want the condition Only continue if (Text) Exactly matches as the choice. ​​​​Copy the ID in exactly any errors and it’ll fail. ​​​ 

Make sure you have a test case to check the filter against. It’s always good to have a will pass and will fail case to check the filter is working correctly.  Add the rest of your flow after the filter.

Hopefully, that explains things if not let me know.