Question

Need help with simpletexting and google sheets

• 17 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

New to zaps. 

Need help setting up a way to capture an entire conversation in simpletexing and push to google sheets.. 

I can only grab small segments. I have a bridge set up to push from google sheets into a CRM already. 

Just struggling automating all of the user responses into sheets. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! Can you give us a bit more information as to why you can only capture small segments of your text? If you can give us an example of the data you are seeing in Zapier via a Screenshot, then we might be able to provide some insight into how this is done

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @RDPJMP 

Just checking in. Were you able to get this sorted?

Userlevel 1

No I was not able to figure this out. 

Should I direct message you? 

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu  @andywingrave 

It seems as if I can only select limited pieces of data.. Message A , Message B or Message C. 

I would like to capture First Name, Last Name, users telephone number and vehicle of interest. 

Do I need to upgrade my package in order to do so? 

See attached 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@RDPJMP 

Message A, B, and C is just Zapier’s editor showing you 3 examples of recent messages. When you set this zap live, any time a new message comes in, it will be written as a row to Google Sheets.

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu Thanks.. I tested it out this morning but every response falls into a new row…

see attached and highlighted... 

How I get all of the customer replies into one row through zap? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@RDPJMP 

Instead of creating a new row, you could add a find row step (using the number as a search key) and update row step.