Skip to main content
Question

Need help tracking magazine subscription revenue in SimpleCirc

• 20 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

I’m working with a client who sells magazine subscriptions. The platform they use for selling magazines is called SimpleCirc, which doesn’t have a direct integration with the client’s Mailchimp account. SimpleCirc offers an invite-only Zapier app, but it doesn’t appear to be any different than the regular zapier app. The client blasts out emails 2-3 per month promoting their magazine, and we need to see how much revenue is being generated from those emails. 

So, specifically what we need to happen is:

1. Someone clicks on the link in our email that takes them to SimpleCirc
  2. They buy the magazine subscription
  3. The revenue is then reported in our Mailchimp account

Please note that I have a very rudimentary understanding of how Zapier works. If anyone can offer any assistance with this, I’d very much appreciate it!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thewritekevin 

Can you post screenshots with the available triggers/actions for the SimpleCirc Zap?

Hi Troy, and thanks for following up. 

So when I say I’m unfamiliar with zapier, I mean that in every since of the word. I understand the app’s role in integrations, but in terms of setting triggers, I’m uncertain in how to define those. The best formula I can put forth is this:

• Someone clicks on the “buy now” option on our product page in SimpleCirc (as directed there by our email), SimpleCirc processes the payment, then our Mailchimp account reports back that the email that drove the customer to the “buy now” option generate the revenue associated with the magazine subscription. 

I need SimpleCirc to report revenue generated per email, and that’s it. No other data in terms of subscriber demographics, address, name, etc. SimpleCirc manages all of that in their system. 

I feel that I may not have enough access to everything to complete this task, however. I do have full access to the client’s EMS, but not their SimpleCirc account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@thewritekevin 

Help info from SimpleCirc relate to their Zap app and API/Webhooks:

https://simplecirc.com/simplecirc-zapier-app

Currently SimpleCirc's Zapier app is "invite only" so if you need access to it please contact us.

With the SimpleCirc Zapier app you can create subscribers and subscriptions in SimpleCirc as well as renew subscriptions.
Additionally you can retrieve subscriber and subscription information by Account ID or Email address.

SimpleCirc's API and Webhooks have three main uses when connecting with 3rd party applications, looking up information in SimpleCirc, updating or creating information in SimpleCirc, and notifying your application when something changes in SimpleCirc.
For complete details please read our SimpleCirc API documentation or our SimpleCirc Webhook documentation.

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts