Best answer

Need Help Creating an SMS to Call Zap with Twilio

I feel like what I’m trying to do is likely easier than I’m making it but for some reason I cannot figure out how to make it work. 

Here is the basic image/breakdown of what I want.

When an SMS message comes in on my Twilio phone number I want it to filter for a specific word, and if that word is in the ‘BODY’, I want it to then call my mobile number. When I answer and press 1, I want it to connect my call to the phone number that the SMS was sent ‘FROM’

Like this image. But sadly, I cannot figure out how to do it. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 23 May 2022, 22:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rockstardesigns 

Good question.

You won’t be able to do this with the Twilio Zap app action options, as there is no option to connect to an outbound call, only to call a phone number and say a message.

You’ll likely need to use Twilio Studio Flow to achieve the desired workflow: https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015961327-Getting-Started-with-Twilio-Studio

There are these Voice options available:

Thank you so much for your help. I figured I would probably have to use studio flow but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to make it do what I want lol. Hopefully someone in the Twilley OK immunity can help me create that flow. I’m definitely willing to pay for it so that someone can show me how to create it and that way I can replicate it for my clients

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rockstardesigns 

This would be the general flow…

Blurred out some of the key configuration.

Please DM if you’re interested.