Question

Need Google Calendar Event created for "Pick Up Date" from Woocommerce Order

Hello all!

I am trying to set up my Woocommerce with my Google Calendar.  

What I am trying to achieve is whenever someone on my website submits an order for “pick up” to add an event on my google calendar on the “pick up date” opposed to an event on the day the order was created.  Can anyone assist here?

Thanks so much for you’re help

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @libertybakingco 

Good question.

Does the desired data point come thru on the WooCommerce Zap trigger data?

Try these Zap steps:

Is the event created on the wrong date, specifically with the month and day switched?

Regardless of the settings in your Google Calendar, data sent through their API (as Zapier does) must be in MM/DD/YYYY format. So, if you try to send an event for April 7, 2021 as 07/04/2021, Google Calendar will interpret that as July 4, 2021. The dates need to be in MM/DD/YYYY format to ensure Google Calendar adds the event to the correct date(s). If your trigger is sending the data in DD/MM format, you can use a Formatter step to reformat the date.

Hey @Troy Tessalone , 

Thanks for the response!  So for Pick Up End Date the data is coming through like this. Order Shipping Appointment End ...1674925200.  There isnt anything giving me an exact pick up date when setting up the  action. If that makes sense

Also how do I access the formatter?  I watched the video but I am not seeing the same functionality that is in the video.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@libertybakingco

This value (1674925200) looks to be a UNIX timestamp.

You can use the Formatter > Date / Time > Format to convert a UNIX timestamp into the format needed by GCal.

Formatter help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/formatter/help

Hey @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you so much again for your help yesterday.

I have figured out how to have the event created on the pick up date now.  But now I am running into the issue where for example, my test pick up time is 11:30am. but on the calendar is saying 12pm.  Any ideas on how to pull in that correct data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@libertybakingco 

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with a specific example outlined in order to have proper context, thanks.

Here you go @Troy Tessalone  : )

This is a screenshot of the event created in gCal.  Again his pick up time he is asking for is 11:30am but its defaulting to 12pm when the event is created

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @libertybakingco 

These mapped variables are still UNIX timestamps.

You need to map the outputs from the Formatter steps.

Is the event created on the wrong date, specifically with the month and day switched?

Regardless of the settings in your Google Calendar, data sent through their API (as Zapier does) must be in MM/DD/YYYY format. So, if you try to send an event for April 7, 2021 as 07/04/2021, Google Calendar will interpret that as July 4, 2021. The dates need to be in MM/DD/YYYY format to ensure Google Calendar adds the event to the correct date(s). If your trigger is sending the data in DD/MM format, you can use a Formatter step to reformat the date.

Hey @Troy Tessalone 

Isnt that what I am doing in this step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@libertybakingco

This screenshot shows these variables are mapped from Step 1 as indicated by the icon and “1.” at the start of the variable.

You need to map the output from the Formatter step which should come before the GCal step.

Hey @Troy Tessalone 

So I moved the formatting before the gCal and applying it to the Appointment End Date as follows:

And here is the gCal set up. But the time is still the same here.  Not changing to 11:30 pick up time from the default 12:00pm

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@libertybakingco 

These variable should be mapped from Step 2, but it still shows as being mapped from Step 1.

Hey @Troy Tessalone 

Sorry for my lack of knowledge using this.   Can you please elaborate on how and where I map this from Step 2?  I moved the formatting above the gCal actions which I thought is what you meant.  The only options that I have in the start/End Date times start with -1. Order Shipping.  So confusing

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@libertybakingco 

When you test Step 2 (Formatter), it will return variables.

Those variables can be mapped to next steps in the Zap.

For example if you have a Zap with 3 steps.

Variables from Step 1 can be mapped to Step 2 or Step 3.

Variables from Step 2 can be mapped to Step 3. (this is what you need to do)

You currently have variables mapped from Step 1 to Step 3, like this.

So the same way you mapped these variables from Step 1 to Step 3, you instead need to map the variable from Step 2 to Step 3.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @libertybakingco ,

This screenshot should help you figure out how to map from step 2 instead of step 1. https://cdn.zappy.app/77ff186facb1431e3e2850f0669d3c83.png

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have more questions