Question

Need for Planning Center Giving module access

• 19 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I do not want to give Zapier access to the church’s Giving module in Planning Center, only the People module (to access a form). Is this possible?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@linbogert Hey there! Can you please provide a bit more information on what you mean by ‘access’? I’d love to help you out! My initial interpretation of this is that you are asking if Zapier needs to be able to access the form in order to use the Zap, and the answer to that is yes. You can not map fields or finish setting up the Zap without us having access. That said, there is not an individual person who will look into your account, unless permission is granted whilst you are connecting with our support team, and look at the form/oversee the process. 

Actually, what I am wanting to do is to use Zapier to connect a form I have created inside Planning Center with a Asana in order to create some automation to workflows. When I went to connect Zapier with Planning Center it wanted access to both People And Giving (modules within the system) - the only option that I have - and I have no way to allow access to People only (there is no need to give Zapier access to our Giving module). Is that possible on your end?

I am sending a screenshot of what I see so you can better understand the dilemma…

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ah @linbogert I understand better now, thank you for clarifying! Without having my own experience with Planning Center, I have to ask, is this similar to Google Drive, where both modules can co-exist under one file/folder? If this is the case, that may be why it’s asking for permission to both, though when you move on to mapping fields, you would only map over the module that you would like the Zap to use. In this case, the People module. Is it possible for you to separate the modules if they are in fact, hosted in the same file/folder? That should take care of the problem.