Skip to main content
Question

Need a help with getting response header after login

• 9 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to automate posting articles on a website after login [post] using Zapier. I can log in and get a session cookie (like PHPSESSID) from response header, but I'm stuck on how to use this cookie for a subsequent POST request(for posting articles). Zapier's Webhook handles the login but doesn't seem to pass the session cookie to the next request.

Does anyone know how to use the session cookie from the login response in a follow-up POST request in Zapier?

Thanks for any tips!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Anything 

To give us full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

This is my Zapier setup, I can see that I’m getting 200 response (correct response page html return) on 2nd step I attached screenshot of Zapier page. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anything 

Can you post screenshots of the DATA OUT from step 2?

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone This is the output screenshot. It’s a html response  from signin_home.php 

is it possible to grab html response header and use it for 2nd request(posting article on the same website)? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anything 

This looks like it’s returning the HTML of the login page, rather than a JSON response.

Can you link to the API docs you are referencing to configure the HTTP requests?