Best answer

Multistep setup between Trello and Google Drive

• 12 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone,

I am trying to create a setup which does the following:

When a new card is created on a specific Trello list, a coresponding folder with the same name is created in Google Drive. This part works perfectly so far :)

I would, however, like to add a functionality, that when this action has occured, the folder is then linked back into the Trello card. And I am struggling a bit with this automation. Is it doable with a multi-zap setup? :)

Thanks a lot,
​​​​​​​Jens

icon

Best answer by XRay Tech 12 April 2021, 17:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Badge +4

Hey @Jens Korsgaard,

This is a zap that is sooooo close to a zap we actually built and is 100% doable in the same zap by adding one additional step!

At the end of that zap, you want to add a step that updates the card in Trello. The Trello card you will update will be the ID from the trigger. 

Then…

Then in the card description, you need to add back the existing description from the trigger and then add the additional info, like link to the google drive doc/folder from the google drive step, to the description.

Hope this helps!

Happy Zapping!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jens Korsgaard 

In additional to what @XRayTech mentioned, alternativelyyou could put the link in a custom field on the Trello Card: https://help.trello.com/article/1067-using-the-custom-fields-power-up

Userlevel 1

Hey @XRayTech and @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks guys! That worked flawlessly.

I was faffing around with the ID setup a bit. If I were to create a setup, which following these actions, attached any document in the created google folder to the corresponding trello card, would that be asking for the ID?

Thanks again,
Jens

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jens Korsgaard 

To update a Trello Card you’ll need the Trello Card ID.

You can use a Find Card step before if you need to get the Trello Card ID.