Best answer

Multiple PayPal IPNs

• 4 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi folks,

I have searched Multiple Paypal IPNs issue on the web, and on this platform but couldn't find a half-decent answer so let’s get together and resolve this issue once and for all?

I have read the Zapier help doc on this issue, and tried to follow the exact procedure. It says to Enter your old IPN URL in the URL field but I don’t have an old IPN on me. I tried this to find the old IPN but to no avail.

People at ThriveCart have addressed this issue with great success. You can read this article for more details.

ThriveCart have created this IPN url https://thrivecart.com/subdomain/api/v1/plugin/call/core.payment.paypal/webhook 

Where can we find such url for WooCommerce?

Following post on Paypal - WooCommerce IPN is one of the many posts on this platform left unanswered. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 October 2021, 14:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! Paypal’s IPN has caused me quite a few issues with clients in the past, and I’ve had mixed results, but in both cases (similar to yours, I believe in that both clients didn’t have their existing IPN) it required some very patient back and forth with Paypal’s support team. The outcomes were mixed, too. 

In one scenario, we were able to get Paypal to edit with a Zapier webhook - But sadly I don’t have any visibility into how the client achieved this. 

In another we just opted to create a new Paypal account

Sadly in both cases, I actually didn’t have much involvement in driving towards a resolution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to chime in here with a link to WooCommerce’s help docs on this how to set up PayPal IPN with WooCommerce that mentions the following IPN URL (replacing example.com with your website): 

https://example.com/?wc-api=WC_Gateway_Paypal

WooCommerce also has documentation on how to solve issues with PayPal not sending order data to Zapier which may be helpful in troubleshooting: Issues with PayPal Payment Processor 

For anyone that’s still running into issues after checking out the above guides, I’d recommend reaching out to Zapier Support to help investigate further.