Skip to main content
Best answer

Multiple outputs using formatter

• 13 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi. 

I am working on a flow, where I import some data from my Shopify store of certain specs from my customers for a specific product design. For right know, i’m manually sending these data from my Shopify to my supplier. 

I would like to send these automatic using a Zapier workflow, but I have a hard time figuring out the correct workflow. 

I have been using the formatter → pick from table in my initial try, but this will become a very long flow as there is up to 7 input points and then I have to add a “pick from table” for each input right? (unless i have misunderstood something) 

Is there a way to pick multiple inputs and then convert all of them to individually outputs? 

In this example i would like to choose input 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9:

Thank you in advance! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there, 

You can do this in 1 step using Code by Zapier (if you are familiar with Javascript or Python). Otherwise, you can definitely do it with the 2 Formatter Utility steps back to back.

Your first formatter will be set up to to transform text to line items. (separate values by a comma)

Your second formatter will also be the utilities action but this time for transform you will set it to Lookup Table. Your lookup key will be the output from the previous step.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Thanks!