Best answer

How to retrieve all rows matching a specific parameter in a MS SQL database column with Zapier?

Userlevel 2

I’m using a Zap to retrieve data from our MS SQL database. I need the zap to retrieve every row that match a certain parameter in a specific column. For instance, I need every row that has invoice # 3511151 in the invoice # column of the table. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 June 2020, 17:23

View original

79 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @IanKerry 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Please add me to the list of requestors as well.  Any idea how many requests it takes to get a feature added?  I’m a potential customer working through my use case and without this feature, I don’t see moving forward.  We are querying a MySQL database and attempting to write new/updated records to rows of a SmartSheet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @kinship 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote.  This is much needed! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Jim Case 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks!

I’m using a Zap to retrieve data from our MS SQL database. I need the zap to retrieve every row that match a certain parameter in a specific column. For instance, I need every row that has invoice # 3511151 in the invoice # column of the table. Is this possible?

Hi @Danvers 

Is there any progress on this?

Please add my vote.   It’s crazy that it’ll only update one row at a time, it almost renders the app useless!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @dubbs 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks!

One more vote from me on that please.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @MFav,

One more vote from me

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @alkakandilli 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Add me to … seems silly that this request has been in queue for over 2 years.  You’ve enabled a custom SELECT from SQL, but you only allow inserting 1 record.  I’m not even sure how this is helpful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @saintbrian 

Please add me to the vote. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @BackwoodsMag 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

I’ve figured out quite a simple workaround for this.

Firstly you need to run a Find Row via Custom Query in SQL Server statement that selects the key of each of the elements in your list. So if you imagine your table called FOOD is like this:

and you want to loop through all the elements that are type ‘Hot’

Run a SQL Select that looks like this:

select replace((stuff((select ',' + str(id) FROM Food where type = ‘Hot’ FOR XML PATH('')),1,1,'')), ' ', '') as ID

That will return a single element with the value ‘2,3’

You then use Create a Loop from Text that loops through each id in the results from above in turn with the sub loop elements able to reference each Key (Id) value in turn so you can update, or read or whatever using other SQL functions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you so much for reaching out here, @Mark B! 😁

We really appreciate you sharing this workaround. I’m sure there are lots of folks in Community that will use it for their Zaps! 🙌

Add me to this request please.
I kind of understand why you are not implementing this. It's costing you zaps… right? I mean it's super easy to implement

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @L1dert

Prioritisation for feature requests and bugs is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. I can’t make any promises as to when it would be implemented but I’ve added your vote to the feature request which helps to further increase it’s priority.

In the meantime it might be worth giving the workaround Mark B shared here a try. 🙂

I cannot believe this has been open for 3 years! It is so obvious and critical a need. Please add my email to the list.

S Gibbs

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @ManorlyDev! I’ve added your vote to the feature request so we’ll be sure to notify you as soon as it’s added. I’d recommend giving the workaround Mark B suggested here a try in the meantime. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

One more request for this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here, @asg3. We’ve added your vote to the feature request and will be in touch by email once it’s added. 🙂

Mark B’s suggestion won’t work if you don’t have a unique column in your data set. I can’t believe it has been 3 years and there still is no solution. MySQL queries return multiple rows all the time!!

Is there any chance this request will ever be addressed? It has been 3 years...