Best answer

How to retrieve all rows matching a specific parameter in a MS SQL database column with Zapier?

Userlevel 2

I’m using a Zap to retrieve data from our MS SQL database. I need the zap to retrieve every row that match a certain parameter in a specific column. For instance, I need every row that has invoice # 3511151 in the invoice # column of the table. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 June 2020, 17:23

View original

79 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, @Harris!

Thanks for your reply and for letting us know why this addition would be helpful for you - I’ve added you as an interested user on the feature request. 

Hi, @Harris!

Thanks for your reply and for letting us know why this addition would be helpful for you - I’ve added you as an interested user on the feature request. 

Could you please do the same for me as well? We would use the feature to retrieve all our customers that have birthdays that particular day and add them to a email list for that day!

Please add my upvote as well, this would be a great feature. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @Zeeptin and @LoganH24, I hope you’re doing well!

I’ve just added you both as interested users on the feature request. :)

Me too as well!

Any alternatives for now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Jolijt,

I’ve added your vote to the feature request too! We’ll reach out by email as soon as we have an update in this! :) 

One workaround I can think of might be to start your Zap with the MySQL trigger "New Row (Custom Query)". I believe each different row that is found by this query would trigger the Zap individually and allow you to carry out any desired actions on it. Though depending on the desired workflow this may not be ideal. 

Another potential workaround would be to mirror your database in an app like Google Sheets, which does support multiple rows for search action steps. Though again, this may not be an ideal solution for your specific workflow. 

Please add me too. Really need this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @neutron_star

I’ve added your vote as well. We’ll be in touch by email with any updates! :)

Please add my vote as well via the email xxx@xxxx.com. 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @Amanda Shah! I’ve got your vote added to that request. 🙂We’ll keep you in the loop via email as well as update this thread as soon as we know more. 

Please add my vote as well and kindly let us know if there is any progress.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @aydinflyp! While we don’t have any updates to share at this time, I did get your vote added to this request. We’ll be sure to shoot you an email once we do know more. 🙂

My teammate Sam did post a potential workaround depending on your workflow that I’ll drop below: 

One workaround I can think of might be to start your Zap with the MySQL trigger "New Row (Custom Query)". I believe each different row that is found by this query would trigger the Zap individually and allow you to carry out any desired actions on it. Though depending on the desired workflow this may not be ideal. 

Another potential workaround would be to mirror your database in an app like Google Sheets, which does support multiple rows for search action steps. 

I hope this helps and welcome to the Community! 

Hey @christina.d, thank you for the quick response. Tried that mentioned solution out with Postgres and SendGrid. My custom query returned two rows but I had the option to select only one to continue and send an email with SendGrid. I will wait until a complete solution comes out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m sorry that workaround didn’t do the trick here, @aydinflyp :(

We’ll be sure to email you as soon as this feature request has been implemented! :)

Add me to that list, seems like a pretty basic necessity for any database integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @tlwaller! I’ve added your vote to that feature request now. We will notify you by email once it’s been added. :)

Add me to that list!! we are working where we will need this function! Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing @zappier! I’ve added your vote to that feature request now. :slight_smile:

And add me to this request as well. To put it bluntly; we can’t  use Zapier for our purposes without this feature.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @bisevo guy 

I’ve added you to this feature request. Thanks!

Please add me as well to this request!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @BudgetCoinz 

I added your vote for this feature request, we’ll update via email once available. Thanks!

Please add me too. Really need this feature.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Amrit 

I’ve added your vote for the feature request. We’ll shoot you an email once this is available. Thank you!

given this request was started years ago, it probably isnt going to happen, but in case please add my vote for it!