Best answer

MS Excel trying to process EVERY row when only one has been updated?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have an Excel workbook with 106 rows. My Zap is set up to push any newly-added or modified rows to my Referrizer account.

The first time I added a new row to my workbook, I got a message from Zapier saying that my operation was being put on hold because the zap is trying to process all 106 rows, despite my having only added 1 row.

How can this be avoided, and have only the row that's been added be pushed to Referrizer, instead of all of the other 105 unchanged rows?

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 4 May 2020, 14:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! There are few things we need to troubleshoot here:

1. Did you have 105 rows in your Excel when you turned the zap on
    1. If not - Try making sure that Zapier is turned on from the point in time you want your zap to work
  2. Did you thoroughly test your zap using “task history” before turning on?
  3. Does the zap ever work normally?
  4. Are you doing anything else as part of this workflow that could cause it to break (automation/macros etc)

Those are just some thoughts. Hope they help you troubleshoot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @wma_brian 

When you add the new rows, are you doing that at the bottom of the list, below all existing rows…. or at the top or in amongst existing rows?

If you add a new row at the top it, in effect, pushes all the rows below it down one, triggering the zap on all of them.

Always add new rows at the bottom.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

If you add a new row at the top it, in effect, pushes all the rows below it down one, triggering the zap on all of them.

Always add new rows at the bottom.

Yup, that was the issue! Thanks for the tip.