Best answer

Moved google sheet location to another domain - easy way to re-connect all my zaps

• 10 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, I’ve created 20 zaps that are connected to a specific google sheet.  We have recently spun off a new company from our parent and now have a new GSuite domain.  I have made a copy the google sheet and in the new domain and updated the Zapier Connected App to point to the new domain.  

Each Zap is still connected to the old domain file.  Is there an easy/non-risky way of updating each Zap to point to the new domain and file?  I tried with one file and immediately lost all the data mappings in the Zap even though it’s a copy of the identical file. 

Thank you in advance!!

Jason
CTO
Cobomba

icon

Best answer by jstele 14 January 2021, 20:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I suggest cloning the original Zaps and making the changes to the new GSheets account in the applicable Zap steps, test, then do the switchover.

You may have to remap each Zap.

Userlevel 2

Thank you, @Troy Tessalone .  That was a solid idea to clone the zaps before proceeding as a backup.  For those interested, I was able to successfully change the Google Sheet data source for each of the zaps.  The trick was to:

• update the overall connection to my preferred GSuite account (once and done)
  • go into each Zap and point to the updated Google Sheet
  • After doing so, all the field mappings of the Zap were temporarily lost until I also re-selected the specific worksheet

All is well.  Thanks! 

-Jason