Question

Move file from one folder to another in Google Drive

• 4 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi There!

I have a google form which is using a zap to create google slide for each response submitted. Now I want to move the newly created google slide from my private drive to a public folder where the participant can view the their submitted response output in form of a google slide. These are the zap steps I followed:

1. Create google slide from google sheet
  2. Move newly created google slide from private to a public folder

The 1st step is working seamlessly, but I cannot make the 2nd step work. It is giving the following errors when I choose a custom value from step-1 for “Title (Google Slide)”. Following error is generated:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Zap Boy 

You need to specify the File ID for the File field.

Thank you for the response, but when I select the file for “move file” action which must be the file created by the earlier action of “Create Presentation from Template in Google Slides”, the ID field is empty and shows the same error as above when tested :slight_frown: Shown below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zap Boy

Try mapping this variable:

I used the “Presentation ID” as a custom variable from Step-2, but same error pops up:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zap Boy 

Did you verify the file with that ID still exists? (maybe you deleted it during testing)

You may want to test end-to-end again.

OR issue might be with the private/public GDrive Folders you are using.

Instead of moving the file, you may have to Upload a copy of the file.

For example: