Best answer

Move email into specific Outlook folder - using shared folder makes rule forwarding not work

• 11 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

If I were to use Zap, would there be a way to do  make it so all emails go to a certain folder if they have a certain keyword, something I cant do with the rules in outlook due to the permissions

Id like every email I get from outlook to go to zap, and then see if I can better sort the emails / look for keywords in them with zap.

How complicated is this to set up?

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 December 2021, 11:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @whiterhino123 

There is no Outlook Zap action for moving/labeling an email.

These are the available Outlook Zap actions:

In Gmail, there is a Zap action to Add Label to Email, which can be used to put Emails into Folders.

Userlevel 1

is there anyway to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @whiterhino123! :)

While you could use a Filter step to determine whether an email contains a certain keyword, there is no “Move Email to Folder” action for the Microsoft Outlook integration. So the desired workflow is not currently possible. 

That said, we do have a feature request for that action to be added to the Microsoft Outlook integration so I’ve added your vote for that. I don’t have an estimate on when that would be added but we will email you as soon as it is.