Question

Moodle - How to connect Zapier with Moodle.

• 17 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

Greetings Zapier comunity, I hope everyone is doing great.

I’ve been using at my company Zapier for many integrations in the past but we now have an issue trying to make a simple connection between Moodle and MailChimp, because we can’t figure out how to authenticate a Moodle user with Zapier.

As far as I know Zapier indicates that the user we need to connect to needs to be have the Manager Role, which is done.

But we keep getting an error message (Screenshot attached), saying “authentication failed: Error code servicenotavailable”. 

We enabled the web services option in Moodle, we enabled the REST  protocol, created a personalized Web Service for Zapier, we added an authorized user for it to the web service, although we haven’t add any capabilities to the service, because we dont know if this is the way to go.

I would like to know if this is the right way to go about the process for connecting Moodle to Zapier.

And I would be greatly grateful for any guidance or help on the topic. 

Have a nice day!

Regards, Javier Sanchez.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Javier Sanchez 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Javier Sanchez! I think that we’re going to need the Support Team to take a closer look at this one. I’ve passed on your question to them and someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible. Thank you!

Userlevel 2

Thank you very much :pray:

We are in the same situation t.han Javier. Looking forward to hear about!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Javier Sanchez - Looks like Michelle from Zapier Support sent you a message but didn’t hear back. I’m posting it here in hopes it would help you and @Fran catena:

Happy to help here :)

Let's start by checking two things first:

1. Can you please check if Mobile Web Services is enabled in your Moodle account? To enable them: in Moodle: Access Administration> Site administration> Advanced features > Check 'Enable web services' then click 'Save Changes'
  2. Can you let me know if you you're using a cloud-hosted version of Moodle or if you're using a self-hosted version? If it's self-hosted, what version are you using?

I'm keen to get to the bottom of this so your help is greatly appreciated! 

Hi Steph!

1. Yes, web services are enabled right as you indicate.
  2. We work with a self hosted version host in a vps provided by a cloud operador. Moodle version is 3.8.3+

Thanks in advance of for your time. Let me know of you need more details.

Regards.

fran.

Greetings Zapier comunity, I hope everyone is doing great.

I’ve been using at my company Zapier for many integrations in the past but we now have an issue trying to make a simple connection between Moodle and MailChimp, because we can’t figure out how to authenticate a Moodle user with Zapier.

As far as I know Zapier indicates that the user we need to connect to needs to be have the Manager Role, which is done.

But we keep getting an error message (Screenshot attached), saying “authentication failed: Error code servicenotavailable”. 

We enabled the web services option in Moodle, we enabled the REST  protocol, created a personalized Web Service for Zapier, we added an authorized user for it to the web service, although we haven’t add any capabilities to the service, because we dont know if this is the way to go.

I would like to know if this is the right way to go about the process for connecting Moodle to Zapier.

And I would be greatly grateful for any guidance or help on the topic. 

Have a nice day!

Regards, Javier Sanchez.

Having the same issue here : (

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Fran catena and @ZenEconomics - I have updated the support team with your provided details. Unfortunately, OP has not responded to us @Javier Sanchez so this issue did not proceed. Hopefully your details will help us clarify further. Thanks!