Best answer

Moodle and Salesforce Integration - trigger for any course?

• 14 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everyone, 

I am working on Moodle and Salesforce integration for my client. 

There are 2 trigger options: New Course in Moodle and New Enrolled Student in a Course (particular course). 

In our case, we need Zapier automation which runs when new students enroll in a course (any course) and create new records in Salesforce. ​​​​​​​

We want to store in the Salesforce the following information:

• Student First and Last Name
  • Course name
  • ​​​​​​​When Student took the course. 

Is there any way to do it in one ZAP (flow)? Or do I have to create a new Zap for each course? 

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards, 

Irina Unal

icon

Best answer by SamB 14 March 2023, 16:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Irina Unal!

I did some checking and it looks like you’d definitely need to set up a separate Zap for each course as the Course field is required, so it can’t be left empty. While it’s possible to duplicate existing Zaps and just select a different course as appropriate, I can totally see how that it’s not an ideal solution!

There’s an existing feature request to allow the New Enrolled Student in a Course trigger to run for any course, not just a specific course. So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that feature to be added to the Moodle app. I can’t make any promises as to when it would be implemented but we’ll notify you via email as soon as it is! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @SamB

Thank you for your message and your help!

I will create Zaps for each course and hope new Zap trigger will be added soon. It would be very helpful!

Thanks.
Kind regards, 
Irina Unal