Question

Monday Update Read Text

• 17 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am connecting an update in monday via zapier to post it in a SQL.

Therefore, i use the update created trigger function. The information i want are in the updatetext, so an actual update created in monday. Is there any way to get the information from this update text and read the text in Zapier? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @annafel 

Can you please send screenshots so we can help you better? The update trigger should be bringing all fields from Monday

Userlevel 1

Here for example.The actual update is a text, but it only brings me the content “Update Text” instead of the actual text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @annafel! 👋

Thanks for sharing that helpful screenshot to show what fields are being received from Monday.com. You’re right it looks like we’re only getting the words “Update Text” in that updateText field in that sample. Are you able to try selecting another test sample? I’m wondering if that might then allow the Zap to see different content for the field. As it could just be that the currently selected sample only contains the words “Update Text” in it. You can find out more about how to change the test sample in your Zap here: Change the test data in your Zap trigger

Can you give that a try and let us know whether you’re then able to see a different value in that updateText field?

If it’s still only displaying the words “Update Text” and the field for the corresponding update in Monday.com definitely contains different text, then it could well be that there’s a bug of some kind. Looking forward to hearing from you on this!  

Userlevel 1

I checked with multiple samples and it looks the same.

Userlevel 1

I mean the actual update field in monday. Where you can upload documents and so on, which is the “update” version

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @annafel,

Thanks for letting us know!

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a screenshot of the field you’re referring to on Monday.com? Please exclude or blur out any personal information from the screenshot.

Thanks!