Question

Monday.com want to update column value for customer last order date

• 26 September 2023
  • 7 replies

When an invoice is made for an account I want to update a column in modnay.com to match the order date. So, In the accounts tab I have a column titled Last Order Date that i want to update whenever an invoice is made within xero. 

Thinking the 

Trigger. when new sales invoice in Xero

Then

Change Multiple Columns Value in monday.com

But dont know how to format the sections correctly after that?

Specifically, 

If is select the board Id as accounts, then what do i select for Item id so that it matches the invoice to the correct account?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jsestby 

Good question.

To help us have proper context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Here is what i have so far. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jsestby,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It looks like the “Item ID” field from the “Change Multiple Columns Value” step needs the item ID from monday.com:

e08530a1950f6aa9a83d9c2cded5f62c.png
(view larger)

You might need to add a “Get Item by Column Value” as a 2nd step to fetch the Item ID and use that to the “Item ID” field and map it as a custom value in the “Change Multiple Columns Value” step.

Hopefully, this helps.

The change multiple column value isnt pulling up the item id section. Any idea?

Also, how would i match the invoice account holder in the xero invoice to a specific idem id?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @jsestby,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please try selecting “Status” data in the “Columns to receive” drop down field and test the “Get Item by Column Value” action and see if it’ll return the Item ID data in the payload.

Additionally, you might need to utilize lookup tables to match the invoice account holder to a specific item ID. You can learn more about lookup tables here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496305146765-Create-lookup-tables-in-Zaps#1-add-a-formatter-step-0-0

Hopefully, this helps.