Question

Monday.com contacts with openphone

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am trying my best but no idea how to do it.

So we use Monday.com for the CRM and for the contact list. We also use open phone. We would like to create a lead in monday.com once we receive a call in Openphone. so the problem is that it So its to create it automatically in Monday.com when we receive the call, but it just creates duplicate every time. How do we stop it create duplicate and just update the one that is already created?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Fili.Jo 

Good question.

Try these Zap action steps for Monday.

Map the Item ID between Zap steps.

Userlevel 1

I try to do that but when I add the phone number to search for. I keep getting false return 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fili.Jo

Take note of the field description and example.

You may have to use a Formatter > Numbers > Format Phone Number step to get the phone number into the expected format without the leading +.

Make sure to click the link to see the list of available countries.

Userlevel 1

Great that works! So now after that, how can I make a condition of updating a contact if it founds something OR create a contact if it doesn't find anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fili.Jo

If you have a Zapier Professional+ plan, then you can use Paths in a Zap.

In the Zap action step for Monday Get Item by Column Value, make sure this field is set to “Yes”.

UPDATE

CREATE

Userlevel 1

Perfect so it works. How do I Stop the last process of created an item IF it already updated a column value? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fili.Jo 

Depends how your Zap steps are configured.

We’d need to see updated screenshots.

If you are using Paths, and those Path Filters are configured correctly, then the CREATED path should only ever be used once.

Userlevel 1

So here’s the full step. 

The only if

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fili.Jo 

To clarify, the Monday Create Update action will only add a Note on the Item, not sure if that is what you intended.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fili.Jo 

We’d need to see a screenshot outline of all the Zap steps since it’s not clear what step 1 and step 2 are.