Question

Monday.com Column Change

• 21 March 2022
  • 1 reply

I am looking to maintain a history of any changes made to items on a board in Monday.com in a table with itemId,  attributeID, value, and modifiedTimestamp. There is a trigger that looks for “Any Column Value Changed in Board” on the Monday.com configuration but from what I can tell it looks like this trigger sends all information for the entire item and does not identify the column that was changed. This is problematic because that would require me to write all the information for the item to a new row each time a change is made and then include logic that looks for the updated value in a subsequent process in order to populate the change log. My hope is that I missed something in the data that is produced from the trigger that identifies the changed column. Does anyone have experience with that integration that can either verify my understanding or direct me in a better course?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @n.hudson 

Good question.

Perhaps using the native Monday Item Activity Log will be useful for you: