Question

Missing "Invoice Paid" trigger for new Square integration

• 4 November 2021
  • 4 replies

The old (marked deprecated) Square integration would allow a trigger for “Invoice Paid”.      The current Square integration only has “New Customer” and “New Order” triggers.   What happened to all the Invoice triggers?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @KirbyCrouton ,

Dev team might be upgrading to latest API version. However you can make a custom Webhook call to build your Zap

https://developer.squareup.com/docs/webhooks/overview

To learn about Webhooks by Zapier click hereh ttps://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

Thanks, i’ll give that a try.

We use Square for everything and I’m seeing pretty limited functionality otherwise.

Another thing that doesn’t work very well is the “New Customer” action.   I really need update existing/insert new customer, as Zapier is creating duplicate customers and I have to manually merge them in Square after the fact…

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Understood. Square has a public API which is documented really well. So you can easily make custom Webhook calls. 

Note - Consider hiring an expert from Zapier expert directory here (Or you can hire also)

I was able to get a webhook created in Square for the “invoice updated” action, created a webhook listener action in Zapier and have it doing the update to my other apps as before.     Only took a few minutes to figure out where everything was.

Updating the Square customer information is a little more involved so that will take a bit more work/investigation, but I wanted to say thanks for your help!:grinning: