Best answer

Microsoft Teams and SolarWinds Service Desk Integration

• 2 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I would like to use Zapier to integrate Teams and SolarWinds Service Desk. I have setup Teams using New Channel Messages as the trigger. SolarWinds Service Desk is configured to Create Incidents as the action. The issue I am finding is, SolarWinds Service Desk has a required field for “Requester’s Email Address”. None of the data options available to pull from Teams populates the users email address. How would I go about getting the users email address from Teams data?

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 2 August 2022, 21:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Since there is not a Team’s Zapier action to get more details about a user.. you will need to add a lookup table to your Zap. 

Zapier has one in their Format action. Format > Utilitiles > Lookup Table.

Your flow would then look something like the following: 
Trigger: New Channel Message in Teams

Action: Lookup Table
Action: Create Incident in SolarWinds

Another option might be to use a Google Spreadsheet or Storage by Zapier as the lookup table. The benefits to these options is that you could have a second Zap triggered by the New Team Member in Teams Trigger to then add a new row to your spreadsheet (or value to storage) which would keep your look up table up to date as team members are added 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @KBarlage! I wanted to add to @GetUWired response with some additional resources on lookup tables using Formatter or Google Sheets depending on your needs.

Keep us posted on your success! We’d love to know your ultimate solution!

I want to thank @christina.d  and @GetUWired  for the excellent information. I used @GetUWired advice on setting up a Zap for a New Teams Member creates a row in a Google Sheet for User Name and Email Address. Then created a Zap that takes the user name in Teams and references the Google Sheet to pull the email address for SolarWinds to create an incident. Works beautifully. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay! So glad to hear you were able to get this setup! 🎉 We love to hear it. 

Happy Zapping, @KBarlage! ⚡️