Question

Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Find or Create Contact “Got 400 calling GET” error

• 16 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello. 

Forgive me if this is obvious, I am brand new to Zaps, in fact this is my first one. During testing, I thought I had it figured out, but in the overnight hours, it just failed. 

Basically the Zap says, on a Registration to Livestorm Webinar, add people into Dynamics as a Lead if they don’t exist.

First, look for a Contact (by email address), if there is no Contact look for a Lead (by email address), If there is no Lead create one. 

That is where I am getting this error. 

• Got 400 calling GET https://ubcrm.crm.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.0/leads?%24filter=emailaddress1%20eq%20'xxxxxx.xxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxx'%20and%20companyname%20eq%20'NASS'%20and%20firstname%20eq%20'xxxxxx'%20and%20lastname%20eq%20'xxxxx'%20and%20fullname

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to remove any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Zap help suggests that it s looking for required fields that are not filled in. However, I cannot find those fields in ‘Set up action.’

Any help or guidance to resources would be helpful. Thanks. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Chris Ashley ,

Can you share the screenshot of how did you configure your action?

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Thanks for your response. Not sure if this is what you need (sorry my first time). Please let me know if you need another view(s).

There are a bunch of fields so I only added the first few. In Dynamics, it says that Owner and Status Reason are Required Fields on my Lead form, but I do not see them as fields in this Action. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Chris Ashley ,

Everything looks good to me in this action. Did you try to test this action by clicking on Test Action button? Also can you go to Zap History and share screenshots of Data In and Data Out? 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Test is successful and the data in looks good. But get that error, and more importantly, I don't see the new Leads in Dynamics. 

Getting that Got 400 Error when I Retest & Review now.