Question

Microsoft 365 integration - Admin how to?

• 4 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Please advise exactly what steps our MS 365 admin needs to take to enable the integration between Zapier and our Enterprise 365 account?

When making a zap I was asked to authenticate as an admin (for a Zap to Outlook).
I am not an admin of our 365 account and thus cannot do this.

Obviously Zapier would not need every user who will employ integrations between Zapier and MS 365 to be an admin, as this is going to be almost zero users in any enterprise-level 365 account.

It suggests to have our MS 365 admin grant permission to Zapier - so, how exactly does our admin do this?

Where is the how-to or instructions for our 365 Admin to grant permission to Zapier for all users (or specific users, also fine) to link the two services, so that said users need only authenticate with their usual MS credentials.

Thanks in advance.

screenshot of authentication error message

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @AngelaK,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, which seems related to permissions set within Outlook by your organization's email administrator rather than within Zapier. 

Could you please have your org admin login to their Outlook admin portal and make sure that your address has access to API features?

Here’s an article I found from Microsoft that might help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/allow-someone-else-to-manage-your-mail-and-calendar-41c40c04-3bd1-4d22-963a-28eafec25926

Thanks! 😊

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your answer but this is not what is needed here, and yes, API feature access is not a problem.

I just need the specific instructions from you for how our admin should “grant permission to this app” (see above screenshot).

Adding a “delegate” in 365 is to grant a specific (other) user access to interact with one specific outlook account, not an API-level integration such as you would expect to exist for setting permissions of an org-wide or multi-user integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AngelaK,

I found this similar Community post, it looks like they ran into a similar issue. Here:

Additionally, here’s what I found that could help:

Regarding the process on how to give permission to a user in Microsoft 365. Unfortunately, we don't have the specifics on how to grant the correct permissions to authenticate an app for a user. Your best bet would be to hit up Microsoft support for some help on this one. They'll be able to give you the guidance you need.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊