Best answer

Merging Multiple Google form Responses into one Complete Excel Table Row

• 16 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi There,

Very New to Zap, great piece of kit but having newbie teething issues.

what i currently have in place is a traceability system using google forms, and a zap working in the background to export the responses to an excel table.

im using one Google form Template for multiple pipe inspections as i have so many of these i do not have time to create an individual form and zap for each one.

As manufacturing takes place in stages, each dept. will fill out the relevant info on the form to them and unique Pipe Number. which they submit and a new row is created exactly how i planned! thats working perfectly.

what i am hoping zapier can do is, some sort of a ‘look up’ function to find the unique pipe number from the Form and then merge the multiple responses into one row based on whats missing from each response.

i know this could easily be done at the end of manufacture using excel, but i am trying to use Zapier as much as i can.

TIA

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 March 2023, 13:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @AlliedProtek!

It’s possible to look up rows in a spreadsheet but I don’t think it would be possible to merge them into a single row. What you could try instead is to group the rows in Google Sheets spreadsheet directly. Based on this post I found in Google’s Community it looks like it’s possible to group rows based on a certain value like an order number. So the same formula could be applied to group each form response but the matching Pipe Number.

But, I wouldn’t recommend adding that formula to the Google Sheets spreadsheet where the responses are being added to as that might cause issues. Instead I’d suggest creating a new worksheet, on the same responses spreadsheet, that uses the IMPORTRANGE function to pull in all the form responses that get added in the other worksheet. Then you have the grouping formula running in the new worksheet. You can find out more about how to use that IMPORTRANGE function here: Import data from another spreadsheet

Hope that helps. Please do let us know whether that does the trick! 🙂