Question

Mark a checkbox on a Google Sheet when a new JotForm submission is received

• 25 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a spreadsheet that pulls WooCommerce orders through Zapier, and includes all their order information including their email address. After purchase, the customer is instructed to sign a waiver on JotForm by clicking on a link in the purchase thank you page.

Once the client signs the form in JotForm, I would like a checkbox automatically marked in a Google Sheet. The information in the Google Sheet is pulled from WooCommerce through Zapier.

How do I set up a Zap so that when the customer signs their waiver after making their WooCommerce purchase, it searches for their email address in the spreadsheet, and automatically marks the checkbox?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Team Angel 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps.

1. Trigger: Jotform - New Submission
  2. Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
  3. Action; GSheets - Update Row
    1. Set the checkbox field to ‘true’
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Team Angel,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I wouldn’t anticipate that being a problem!

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Jotform (New Submission)
  2. Action: Google Sheets (Lookup Spreadsheet Row) - Choose the email as the “Lookup Column” and use the email from Jotform in the “Lookup Value” field.
  3. Action: Google Sheets (Update Row)

Does this sound helpful to you? If you're having trouble setting it up, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Also, it would be great if you could send us a screenshot of your Zap setup so we can make sure the fields are mapped correctly. Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Please keep us posted! 😊