Best answer

Mapping Salesforce Essentials with Lookup Fields

• 25 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I am trying to create a zap so that when a new opportunity is created in Salesforce Essentials, the zap creates a new record in Airtable. I have created a table in my Airtable base with all of the same fields as those in my Salesforce Essentials Opportunity object. 

The issue is that I have a few fields in Salesforce Opportunity object that are lookup fields. So rather than typing in the opportunity contact name, I look that name up from my Salesforce contacts. I also use a lookup field for Account Name. When the zap comes through to Airtable, it’s sending a string of numbers/letters instead of the Lookup result. Anything I’ve manually typed into Salesforce Essentials maps perfectly, but any of my lookup fields in Salesforce send that string of numbers/letters. 

Any ideas on how to resolve?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 25 January 2021, 23:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AerialSurvey_Lisa 

Try adding Salesforce Search steps for those data points to retrieve the desired values from the returned Salesforce Object IDs

Thanks @Troy Tessalone 

It took some trial and error but with your help, I DID IT!!!

Huzzah!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@AerialSurvey_Lisa Please tell us how you did this and share pictures please.  I’ve been trying to solve this challenge for a long time!

Sorry @kbeisly  I ended up deleting that zap. After learning more about salesforce, I decided not to have a custom lookup field for the opportunity contact. My workflow now is that when someone fills in my contact form (jotform), to sends to Airtable. Then I have a simple zap that adds a new record in my leads object in Salesforce. When I convert that Lead to an opportunity, at that point I’m associating the contact as a primary contact with the opportunity.