Question

Manual Trigger & Frequent Scheduling for Zaps - Seeking Solutions

• 15 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I'm working on optimizing some of our workflows and have encountered two specific needs where I could use ya’lls expertise and advice:

1. **Manual Trigger for Zaps**: We have certain zaps that only need to run on-demand, based on when we're ready to process some data. Is there a way to manually trigger these zaps, such as pressing a button or through a simple manual action, rather than waiting for a specific form or spreadsheet to get updated?

2. **Frequent Scheduling**: We're also looking to run some of our zaps more frequently, ideally every 15 or 30 minutes. Currently, the scheduler in Zapier allows for hourly scheduling at most. I've seen suggestions about using Google Calendar to create events every 15 minutes as a workaround, but Google Calendar doesn't support setting repeat intervals shorter than daily. Does anyone have creative solutions or workarounds for triggering zaps every 15 or 30 minutes?

Any insights, tips, or alternative approaches you can share would be greatly appreciated. We're looking for efficient ways to better control our zap triggers and scheduling to fit our workflow requirements.

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Nue,

For item 1

I just put together how I triggered a zap with a webhook via a button in Google Sheets: https://www.whimpact.co/wh1nsights/triggering-a-zap-from-google-sheets-with-a-button

The webhook is the key part here.

For item 2

What if you scheduled every hour then have a delay step immediately after for 30min?

Best,
Ryan Schweighart
Whole Hart Impact, LLC
whimpact.co
I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier. 

Hey Ryan, that wasn’t exactly what I was thinking I would work but 1) its better than nothing and 2) I learned more advance features… I set it up. Thanks!

About the second item…. it doesn’t have to be every 30mins but you’re saying duplicate the steps afterwards and just add a delay?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Nue, understood about item 1. Where are you wanting to trigger it manually? There’s a chrome trigger to that is often useful too.

https://zapier.com/l/install-chrome-extension

For the item 2, yes I think we are on the same page. Build a zap with a schedule by Zapier every hour. Then, duplicate that zap, and in the duplicated zap add a 30 minute offset in the schedule by Zapier trigger step. I don’t think you actually need a delay step like I originally mentioned. This solution does cause the need to maintain two zaps.