Best answer

Manipulating and combining date fields from a trigger

• 14 May 2021
  • 6 replies

I am trying to extract data from a Booking site using Zapier to populate Deal Information in HubSpot. I can pull the start date and the end date from the Booking site using Zapier. However, I need to convert the start date and end to text fields, so that I can concatenate the data to create the Deal Name to send to HubSpot. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 May 2021, 20:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Scott B 

Perhaps you can provide screenshots of what you’re trying to do and the desired end result, thanks.

Troy, Thank you for the quick response. Here is what I am trying to do I want to take the date information in M2 and N2, convert the information to text fields and then concatenate the two fields into one field to create the Deal Name to send to HubSpot. Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Scott B - Zapier has an awesome feature called Date Formatter 

https://zapier.com/help/create/format/modify-date-and-time-formats-in-zaps

It allows you to take the date, and turn it into a pretty date which you can then parse into the next step. So for example, once you’ve parsed the date, you can concatenate your value with the date. 

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Scott B 

You can use Formatter > Date & Time > Format steps to convert the format for Timestamps.

You can create a HubSpot Deal Title by inserting a combo of Static values and Dynamic data points from previous steps.

For example: [DATE_ARRIVE] - [DATE_LEAVE], where [VARIABLES] are dynamically mapped in the Zap and “ - ” is static

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Scott B Thanks for the follow up… In that case you may actually not need the date formatter step, you should just be able to bring in both dates into the same field in order to concatenate

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Scott B, just checking in to see if you still need help with this? Were the suggestions of Troy and Andy useful in saving the concatenated data into Hubspot? Please let us know!