Best answer

Manage Zapier for multiple companies but not their app

• 29 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am looking at connecting my software to Zapier as an App. This App will be used for very simple functionality in Account Software Apps (Zapier connected). I would like to pay for all Zaps using my App and manage it on behalf of my clients. I would not know the password to my clients Accounting software (ie, to connect app). This would likely be a Teams or Company account but wanted to ensure the following capabilities:

1) I would manage all Zaps. Ideally, my clients would not have access to Zapier.

2) I would know my clients email address they use to log into their Accounting software (ie, Xero), but not their password.

3) I would send my client a link (or similar) to log into their accounting package to then connect/sync Apps (my app with Accounting app).

4) All billing would come to me.

I hope there is a solution.

Any help would be great. I'll also need a developer to connect my app (less than a handful of triggers. I have an API) to Zapier.

Thanks

Dub

icon

Best answer by SamB 29 September 2021, 17:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dubjohnston 

3) I would send my client a link (or similar) to log into their accounting package to then connect/sync Apps (my app with Accounting app).

I believe that may be against the Zapier Terms of Service:

(E) otherwise use the Service or Software outside of the scope of the rights expressly granted herein. You agree to use the Service and Software only for your own internal business operations, and not to transfer, distribute, sell, republish, resell, lease, sublease, license, sub-license or assign the Service or use the Service for the operation of a service bureau or time-sharing service.

I'll also need a developer to connect my app (less than a handful of triggers. I have an API) to Zapier.

Consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for clarification: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Dubjohnston,

Troy is correct, it would go against our Terms of Service as reselling Zapier to your clients is not allowed. The best thing to do here would be to have an individual Zapier account for each client.

To allow them to connect to your app, you would need to build an integration to your API. Then you can send them an invite to access that integration. So your clients would have their own Zapier account, and would be able to create Zaps that connect to your app with other apps as desired. Billing for Zapier would not go through you, the client would pay for their Zapier account directly.

You can find out more about building an integration with Zapier here: https://zapier.com/platform

If you don’t have your own developer and are wanting someone to build this for you, as Troy mentioned, you can hire an Expert to take care of that. 

Hope that helps to clarify what’s possible here! :)

Thanks Sam and Troy. I suppose my main aim it to be billed on behalf of my clients so that I cover the costs, then make it super easy for them by essentially setting up the connection for them. But it seems that is not possible.