Question

Mailer Lite Double Opt In getting unconfirmed alert

• 18 January 2022
  • 7 replies

I have a Zap to add people to a MailerLIte group when they submit their email through a MailerLIte Landing Page.

I have set the Double Opt-In so they have to confirm their email and am getting an ALERT The app returned "Subscriber type is unconfirmed".

Any suggestions as to how to fix my zap?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @amyvanliew 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Hi Troy!   

I didn’t explain this very well.   I know when they sign up for this free program (lead gen) I get their email address and they are added to a group that triggers an email automation sequence.   I do make them confirm their email (I was getting too much spam)

I created a zap to split their first and last name because a lot of people add both and I want to be able to just get their first name so I can personalize my emails.

After I enabled the double opt in I got the Zap Alert error I mentioned about.   

Here is my zap

This is the step to split their first and last name

This is the step to update their info in MailerLite

I keep thinking through this and not sure what to do?   If I could just wait until they confirm?

Amy

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@amyvanliew 

Can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting from the Zap step?

I created a zap to split their first and last name because a lot of people add both and I want to be able to just get their first name so I can personalize my emails.

Beware that splitting a Full Name won’t always work, due to these conditions:

1. Prefix (e.g. Dr.)
  2. Suffix (e.g. Jr.)
  3. Multiple first names
  4. Middle name(s)
  5. Multiple last names

Oh I hadn’t thought of that…

Here is the alert 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@amyvanliew 

Check this help article from MailerLite: https://www.mailerlite.com/help/what-are-unconfirmed-subscribers

Unconfirmed subscribers are email addresses who sign up on a form with double opt-in enabled but haven’t confirmed their subscription to your newsletter yet.

Might be a false positive error.

You may want to add a Filter step and some other random Step to your Zap to avoid these false positive errors.

Thank you.    That’s the question...how to add that filter step?   I have no idea how to do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@amyvanliew 

Filter: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help