Best answer

Mailchimp - Link Click > available on Automated Campaigns?

• 24 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to arrange a zap which populates a Google Sheet with information when a customer clicks a link within an email. (Zap is ‘Link clicked in Mailchimp’ > ‘Update spreahseet row in Google Sheets’)

The problem I’m having is that the ‘Campaign’ I’m trying to pull from isn’t available. It only shows campaigns which have been one-off emails, I can’t see any of my automated emails. The email thread I want to gather data from is an automated email which follows a customer purcahse. 

Has anyone had this problem before? Any solutions?

Many thanks!

James

icon

Best answer by christina.d 15 October 2022, 02:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @jamestailfin ,

Thanks for reaching out! Currently automated campaigns will not show up in your dropdown list but fortunately, there is a current 
feature request open for this option!

I've gone ahead and added you as an interested user which does a few things:

• Re-raises this issue with the app’s dev team
  • Adds weight to the issue in queue
  • Reminds us to update you if/when there is an update

I don't have an ETA as to when there may be an update, but you'll definitely be notified as soon as we have any news. I know that’s not the answer you were hoping for but please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey squad! Swinging by with a smol Mailchimp update!

The Zapier Mailchimp app now supports automated campaigns and emails for the "Link Clicked" and "Email Opened" triggers. 

Under the Campaign Type dropdown you’ll now see “Automation” listed as a trigger source.

I do want to be sure to mention this only applies to Classic Automations, not Mailchimps new Customer Journeys. 

I hope this helps and happy zapping! ⚡️