Best answer

Mailchimp email is not being triggered from Filevine

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone! 

I had been back and forth with the Zapier team for about 2 months about an issue and then they ghosted me, so I’m turning to you all. I figure if other Zapier users are experiencing the same problems I am, someone can help me. 

I have a zap that takes information from Filevine and triggers an email in Mailchimp to be sent out. Unfortunately, the email that’s supposed to go out, hasn’t. For some reason this issue has been impossible to resolve and the Zapier team must’ve given up because they stopped responding to me. 

The issue, I think, is that when the task triggered in Zapier is trying to match the text in a Filevine note to the text pre-set for the trigger, it can’t. Since the text doesn’t match, the task is not complete. I have tried to update the sample data so the text will match but can’t. The data I want doesn’t even show up as an option… 

This is difficult to explain in a post, but it’s the best I can do given there’s no phone customer support. I would LOVE it if anyone had any insight at all and could help me. I’m desperate! 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 11 June 2022, 03:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Theresa 

Can you please send screenshots of your set up in Zapier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Theresa! I checked in with our Support Team and they have been replying to your messages so I wonder if you haven’t received them? Our email logs show that your email server got them ok so maybe they ended up in a different folder? Could you try searching your whole inbox for ‘@zapier.com’? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Theresa!

So sorry for the frustrating experience you’ve had! As Danvers mentioned, someone responded to you about a week ago. I’m not sure if maybe you didn’t receive that last response, because you replied after that with a message that didn’t address what we’d sent. 

I left a note on that ticket so that our Support team is aware of this. Because of the extensive back and forth and detailed looks into your specific Zap, it’s going to be tricky to troubleshoot in the Community, but I CAN show you what the last person said (since you may not have seen that):

Hi Theresa,

Kirk here for Clint/Osas. I think our wires got crossed here a bit, as we were looking for feedback on your second Filter from this Zap run:

https://zapier.com/app/history/005750e1-1bc5-ae25-850b-56073db01d91?root_id=100761908&context=5722337&query=10409165

We don't know if you were expecting this to pass this second filter? In this case, the field you are looking at in the second Filter Step has the value of "Active", so that is why it did not pass. 

For us to help here, we'd need to get an example of a Zap run here that you expect to pass both Filters:

https://zapier.com/app/history?root_id=100761908

If you can tell us that, then we can look and see why it didn't and what changes you might need to make to get it to work the next time your Zap runs.

Thanks so much for your patience on this, I think we are close to getting the Zap working for you.

Kind Regards,
Kirk

So the issue is that while the Zap is passing the first filter (looking at the text that’s in the note) there’s a second filter (I can’t see what that one is) that’s not meeting the criteria you set. That leads to the MailChimp step not running. Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hello! 

Thank you for all the responses. Yes, I received the emails and responded three times without receiving a response back - I am still seeking assistance with this zap. Yes, it will need to pass the second filter as it is still failing. This has been the main issue since the beginning. I will respond again via email and hope to finally resolve this issue. It has interfered with our work flow for several months. 

Thank you! 

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone! 

I had been back and forth with the Zapier team for about 2 months about an issue and then they ghosted me, so I’m turning to you all. I figure if other Zapier users are experiencing the same problems I am, someone can help me. 

I have a zap that takes information from Filevine and triggers an email in Mailchimp to be sent out. Unfortunately, the email that’s supposed to go out, hasn’t. For some reason this issue has been impossible to resolve and the Zapier team must’ve given up because they stopped responding to me. 

The issue, I think, is that when the task triggered in Zapier is trying to match the text in a Filevine note to the text pre-set for the trigger, it can’t. Since the text doesn’t match, the task is not complete. I have tried to update the sample data so the text will match but can’t. The data I want doesn’t even show up as an option… 

This is difficult to explain in a post, but it’s the best I can do given there’s no phone customer support. I would LOVE it if anyone had any insight at all and could help me. I’m desperate! 

Update: Still struggling! Anyone experience this or stop receiving responses via email from Zapier team? Really frustrated. SOS!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Theresa ,

I am taking a peek at this right now and have alerted our Support team. It sounds like there’s something going on with your test data but without access to the Zap, I’m not able to sort it out myself. 

Let me continue digging and I’ll be back shortly with some next steps shortly so we can get your workflow squared away!

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much, Liz! 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Theresa 👋

I hope this note finds you doing okay! We’re not quite sure what’s going on with your ticket, but there’s something keeping it from being assigned as expected. 

I went ahead and spun out a whole new ticket so that we can figure out what’s going on with the old one while we work to get the Zap working as expected. I hope that’s okay!

Sorry for the frustration and inconvenience here -- I look forward to helping you in the new email.

Kind regards,

Jamie

Userlevel 1

Hi Jamie, 

Thanks for the help! I appreciate your help and thinking outside the box to wrap this up once and for all. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Theresa! Just popping back in here. I see you’re now working through this with Leo from our support team but that it’s been a few days since he’s heard back from you. Feel free to reply back to that ticket when you’re ready - we’d love to help get this sorted for you! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I have responded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi all 👋🏽! I wanted to post an update here with the suggestion a few awesome members of our support squad and Theresa came up with.

Ultimately it looks like the next best path forward was to switch tactics and manually add a specific note template to each client’s project. The flow would look something like this:

1. Filevine - Trigger: “New Event in Filevine” 
  2. Filter - Action: “Only Continue if”…
  3. Filevine - Action Contact in Filevine
  4. Filter - Action: “Only Continue if”...
  5. Mailchimp - Action: “Add/Update Subscriber in Mailchimp”

The 2nd step Filter would :

only continue if: 

Data Note Body > (text) contains >

“...at xxx. You will be receiving an email from us regarding best practices for your social media accounts...”

The Zap will then trigger for all new notes in Filevine, but only continue if it contains that value.

IMPORTANT: to make sure this Zap can continue as intended, the legal assistant, or whoever is creating the notes in Filevine, should then make sure the same text is used each time, apart from the variable names. If a slightly different variation is used, it won't work.

Thank you again for your continued patience as the team worked through this for you, @Theresa! Our fingers are crossed this does the trick for you. 🤞🏽

Userlevel 1

Hi all 👋🏽! I wanted to post an update here with the suggestion a few awesome members of our support squad and Theresa came up with.

Ultimately it looks like the next best path forward was to switch tactics and manually add a specific note template to each client’s project. The flow would look something like this:

1. Filevine - Trigger: “New Event in Filevine” 
  2. Filter - Action: “Only Continue if”…
  3. Filevine - Action Contact in Filevine
  4. Filter - Action: “Only Continue if”...
  5. Mailchimp - Action: “Add/Update Subscriber in Mailchimp”

The 2nd step Filter would :

only continue if: 

Data Note Body > (text) contains >

“...at xxx. You will be receiving an email from us regarding best practices for your social media accounts...”

The Zap will then trigger for all new notes in Filevine, but only continue if it contains that value.

IMPORTANT: to make sure this Zap can continue as intended, the legal assistant, or whoever is creating the notes in Filevine, should then make sure the same text is used each time, apart from the variable names. If a slightly different variation is used, it won't work.

Thank you again for your continued patience as the team worked through this for you, @Theresa! Our fingers are crossed this does the trick for you. 🤞🏽

Thank you. I’m waiting for confirmation that it’s working, haven’t seen the changes yet.