Question

Mailchimp campaigns to Wordpress posts

• 16 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Whenever I set the Zap to auto-publish mailchimp campaigns in Wordpress it generates a new post not mantaining the style from the Mailchimp e-mail.

It shows a light border (grey if the bg is white, white if the bg is dark) around EVERY content box.

This borders dont appear in the Mailchimp editor nor in the e-mails sent from Mailchimp. They appear as soon as the post in wordpress is autopublished. 

The e-mail HTML code has all borders set to 0; I’ve tried using a brand new template with only 1 text box and the border will keep appearing around it. if i try to edit the “<>” code from the Mailchimp editor there are no yellow or golden code lines, nor any borders set up as code. They just appear as soon as its published in my site.

Is there any way to mantain the Mailchimp style when automating the wordpress new post publishing?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @BigData HOSBEC, welcome to the Community!

Hmm, my first thought here is that there’s possibly some CSS styling rules that are overriding the display of the borders on the website. You can try using your web browser’s inspect tool to check the code and see if that’s the case.

If so, I wonder if setting the email’s code to border: 0 !important; instead of just border: 0; may help to fix it.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks for your quick response!

Sadly, trying to edit the HTML did not work for me.

Whenever I open the HTML file using an online viewers or in my own browser, I see the document completely clean without errors. The problem raises as soon as the automation Mailchimp campaign → WP post occurs. Its only then when the boxes appear all around my site so I predict its a problema with Zapier’s automation. 

In this post I attach the HTML code of one of my templates (error occurs with EVERY template and campaign). 

Is there any way to automate the publication of Mailchimp campaign to Wordpress mantaining the style of the e-mail sent?

Thank you!

i have also facing the same issue on my client's wordpress site

Moderator Edit: External website link removed

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me, @BigData HOSBEC.

Hmm, in that case I suspect that there must be some CSS styling on your website that’s overriding the display of the templates on your WordPress site. 

Were you able to use your web browser’s inspect tool to see the styling rules that are causing the borders? If you’re able to locate the CSS that’s causing the borders it should also indicate where it’s located. For example, when I inspect some of the page elements on this page I can see the CSS styling and the name of the stylesheet it’s located in:

87c73a32814eb1a10499065e9b526ccf.png

One you’ve located the CSS styling that’s responsible for those borders you should then be able to remove it from the offending CSS stylesheet. Can you give that a try and let me know how you get on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @iamstanleycole

Sorry to hear that you’re running into this issue as well. It’s likely that there’s also some CSS styling that’s overriding things on your client’s website too. I’d recommend using your web browser’s inspect tool to locate the CSS that’s causing issues and then remove it. Hopefully that should sort it!