Question

Mailchimp add subscriber from Google sheets

Hi.

Found out that: 

If you're using Google Spreadsheets for the Trigger side of a Zap and it suddenly stopped working, verify that you didn't accidentally insert a blank row anywhere. Zapier interprets a blank row as the end of the spreadsheet.

I am using a google form where participants are asked if they would like to receive newsletters from us by putting their e-mail after answering a survey.

Obviously there would be empty rows if they choose not to subscribe. When it happens, zap stops working and I have to manually add the e-mails to mail chimp.

Is there a way to get rid of the empty rows or maybe link the responses to another sheet then paste those nonadjacent cells adjacent/simultaneously so there won’t be any empty rows?

I hope this makes sense.

TIA,

Paul

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Do you need to create a new line item for their emails? Could you instead use a column from their survey response and then if the email isn’t blank, create a Zap to sync to MailChimp?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@PaulZap 

Sorry we missed your message! Did you manage to get this sorted?