Skip to main content
Best answer

Looping by Zapier - Does a loop stop all activity when a step fails for a single iteration

• 21 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Will a looping zap completely stop if a single instance fails?

I’m creating a zap where I want to check that my CRM records exist in my Email Marketing database. This is a simplified version of what I’m doing:

• Find all records in CRM
  • Create loop from line-items on CRM emails
  • Find record in Email Marketing database where email matches the line-item email
    • If nothing is found, it is considered a success
  • Create record in Email Marketing database with the missing email

What I would like to see is that if an instance in the loop fails (meaning that the email does exist in the Email Marketing database), then a record is not created, and the zap continues with the next instance, creating records if an email is not found in the database.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Yellowtail Solutions 

Good question.

Each loop iteration runs independently.

NOTE: Too many Zap errors in a short amount of time may cause the Zap to turn OFF automatically.

For the below, you may want to add a condition to continue if no result is found, followed by a Filter step to avoid Zap Run errors: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Find record in Email Marketing database where email matches the line-item email

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much! As you recommended, I added in a filter, so now it looks a bit like this:

• Find record in Email Marketing database where email matches the line-item email

• Only continue if “Zap Search Was Found Status” is false
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for the update here, @Yellowtail Solutions. Really pleased to see that Troy was able to help you get a solution in place! 😁🎉