Skip to main content
Question

Lookup value from Salesforce is coming up as a code in Microsoft Outlook?

• 4 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi I’m new at this so I don’t know if it’s possible or if it is I may need a step by step on this.

I am creating a zap that when something happens in Salesforce it triggers an email alert. When creating the text, I used one of my Salesforce Lookup fields and it sends an alphanumeric code (I am assuming it’s the ID for the information in that object).

My assumption is it has something to do with being a lookup field.  

Is there a way to convert the lookup field to the name that is in there so it can go with the alert?

Thanks for your help.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RosieL 

Add a Zap step: Salesforce - Find Record

Search by ID.

Thanks.

I’m still confused on how to make it work.
So in my instance: In one organization, we have a field that is the lookup of another organization.

When I am doing the search do I use the name of the field? 

Also what do I do to make it show up in the email alert? 

Does it end up making another issue in Salesforce?

Again, I’m brand new to using zaps so I need a bit of help wrapping my head around it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RosieL 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode, along with a specific example that you are referencing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RosieL,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you. And also include a screenshot of your Zap in Edit mode so we can have a look of your Zap. (Obscure and sensitive information within the screenshot).

We're looking forward to your response.